Saturday 10 January 2015

Sia's Elastic Heart and Broadchurch - Saturday's with Payton

Hey!
It's Payton again which means that it is another Saturday, woohoo the weekend! I am going to admit this now and say that usually I am stuck for blog post ideas however this week I have been inspired by a couple of different things which you can probably guess from the title of this post.

First though, let me give you a quick summary of my week, so it has been a week of mixed emotions and feelings really - don't worry its nothing too bad! So we started school back on Monday which was stressful as there was exams this week, luckily I only had exams on Tuesday so the stress was only short-lived for the duration of those exams! The rest of the week I was off timetable - which was amazing! However I thought that I should take advantage of the week so on Thursday I went into school with Maya and I finished some coursework which felt good as I had a big weight lifted off my shoulders as I was organised! Wednesday and Friday I generally procrastinated however I got myself into a new TV series - Broadchurch! (Don't worry I will give you a review of it once I have caught up on all the episodes!) 
Yes I've jumped on the Broadchurch bandwagon, but who can blame me this show is amazing! For me watching this is a big thing as I am into watching reality shows however this is a crime drama show. As most of you know series 2 has just started and I have only just started watching it, so to understand it properly I am going to watch series 1, which means you will get a review of it from me too!

I feel like now I have rambled on about my daily life, but do you know what I feel that posting on this blog kind of like a diary for me so yeah and now lets get into my review of the Elastic Heart music video by Sia!

So Sia's back with one of her different style of music videos than what the world is used to, also the amazing dancer Maddie Ziegler is back too (I am in love with this fact as she started out and is still on my favorite TV show Dance Moms) Elastic Hearts also stars Shia LaBeouf from Transformers and one of my favorite childhood shows Even Stevens. Now this music video has had a lot of media attention and controversy and very diverse opinions on it so much so that Sia has apologized for the suggested pedophilia which some say can be suggested from the video. I feel that was a safe move by Sia and I'm glad that was done so that people can actually enjoy the video because it is so artistically different from what people expect to see.

My personal opinion on the music video is that it is brilliant, it is such wonderfully choreographed, both Maddie and Shia work together to create something different and unusual yet something so captivating! I feel that I get past what everyone is worrying about as I am used to watching Dance Moms and everyone in leotards, but what I don't get is their outfits are nothing unusual that you wont see any different from what you see in a swimming pool where everyone accepts it - a guy in shorts and a girl in a leotard-like full swimming costume. Back onto the topic of how amazingly captivating this video is that it is only just that the song and the lyrics fit perfectly with the video but the last 45 seconds of the video is silent with Maddie and Shia still on the screen where Maddie's character  is trying to get Shia's character out of the cage that they were trapped dancing in. This part of the video is so moving and intriguing that I just love it!  
Many people interpret this video in many different ways, to many it looks like a father-daughter relationship of playing around - included with the strange funny faces that everyone makes, I have the same sort of interpretation as that, watch the video and you'll see why! I don't have much else to say on this review of the Elastic Heart music video by Sia as it left me speechless!

Anyway, I feel that this post has been extremely long but I feel that I needed to fill you in on my life this week along with my small review of the music video! Don't worry I have many more ideas for posts in the future!

See you next week!
Payton <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment