Wednesday 7 January 2015

Mug Cakes! - Tuesdays with Ash

Hey guys! =D


First of all, a late Happy New Year!! I hope that you have all recovered from your food comas and that your sleep cycles aren't completely destroyed for those of you who have to return to school =P I have a few New Year's resolutions: Lose weight/tone up, procrastinate less, be more active as well as be a lot more organised! Though as you can tell from the title of this post it doesn't really go with my lose weight resolution, so think of this recipe as a little treat for having gone let's say a fortnight of healthy eating. However, don't slip back into your old habits afterwards as I probably would do! 

A quick update on my life, I've just finished my mock exams and now I have the rest of the week off! Woop woop! Even though I know for a fact that I completely mucked my French mock up but hey, what are mocks for? XD However, I am happy with how my other mocks went so that cheered me up =)

Anywho, for Christmas my friend got me a recipe book called, surprise surprise, Mug Cakes by Mima Sinclair. This is an extremely adorable way of making cakes, breads and other little treats quickly in a microwave! My favourite one to make is chocolate brownie as it is absolutely delicious!

Before preparation, please make sure that the mug or cup you use is microwavable and that you check what power settings your microwave has. For example, whether your microwave uses 600W, 800W or 1000W as its highest setting.


Recipe for Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake:



Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of soft butter 
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 tablespoon of light soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1 medium egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of chocolate chips (milk, dark or white or even all three types!)

Method:
  1. Place the butter into your microwavable 250ml mug or cup and microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted on high.
  2. Add the caster sugar, light brown sugar and cocoa powder and beat with a fork until thoroughly combined.
  3. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat together, then add the self-raising flour, salt and beat again until thoroughly combined and smooth. Stir some of the chocolates chips into the mixture.
  4. Cook in the microwave for 50 seconds at 600W, 30 seconds at 800W or 25 seconds at 1000W depending on what microwave you have. Afterwards, scatter the remaining chocolate chips onto the top of the brownie and cook in the microwave for a further 30 seconds at the same temperature.
  5. Leave to cool for 10 minutes (I usually eat it after 5 because I can't wait but if you do this, watch out at it will still be hot inside) and enjoy! =D

I hope that your mug brownies turn out great and that they taste super yummy! I'm going to try making a few different ones (not too many though - gotta lose those calories!) and if another other ones take my interest, I'll post the recipes on here!

See you guys next week!


Ash xx

This is what your chocolate brownie should look like! =D x

No comments:

Post a Comment