Wednesday 21 January 2015

Guess Who's Birthday It Might Well Be (The pain of an Epilator examined) - Wednesday's Child

GREETINGS Y'ALL!


*Mario voice* It's a-mi

Good morning/evening/afternoon all. It's my birthday today, and as it's been an interesting week I'm gon' share it with y'all. First of all, I've finally got my script for the play I'm gonna be in with my drama group, and I'm super exited as it's probably going to be the most professional show we've ever managed to pull off. My character is Eryn, and although I don't want to give too much away as I'm hoping the other six sweethearts will come watch the show (and therefore I want as much of it to be a surprise as possible), I'm going to tell you one thing. I have a monologue, and yesterday at drama when I started practicing it, I made one of my friends cry. (I was told afterwards that he hadn't cried in seven years and he hated me etc. etc.). 

So yeah, apparently I have a gift to evoke manly tears of man-pain from my cast mates, which is an effective and brilliant skill to have. 

Anyway, it's my birthday today *sounds of distant party poppers* and I'm going to give you a quick run-down. I got my L plates as I'm filling in for my provisional license (which is needed to learn to drive in the UK), got the money for the application, a dress, a really cool poncho-/blanket thing (it's so freakin' warm), and an epilator. 

Now lemme tell you about the epilator. This thing is a hair removal thing, that's kind of like waxing. It looks like an electric razor, acts like a waxer, but is actually a plucker (?). 

An epilator effectively plucks your leg hairs. It's quicker and more effective than shaving, and as it pulls the hairs out instead of just cutting them at the surface they take much longer to grow back (apparently I'll only have to do this once every two weeks instead of shave twice a week (which by the way I literally never do)). The only downside is it's a damn sight more painful than shaving. Like it took me three attempts to get both my legs done because I had to keep stopping. It's very painful the first time around. But I've been promised that it A. becomes less painful the more often you do it and B. the hairs grown back softer the more often you use it, which is the opposite to shaving. 

Also, once you get used to it, it's a lot quicker than shaving. Shaving takes me about twenty minutes to do completely, and always tends to become some kind of slightly strange aerobics class in my shower, but as this is electric, you can do it any time (in your bedroom with loud music playing to drown out your tears of pain would be good). This takes probably about ten to fifteen minutes tops once you're used to it, so cuts off some time and can also be used whenever, so you don't have to irritate your family by spending forever in the bathroom. 

That's pretty much all that's happened this week, so I'm gonna leave you here. Have a good week, and as always,

I'm with you 'till the end of the line, folks ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment