Wednesday 28 January 2015

The glory of the bra - Wednesday's Child

G r e e t i n g s  E a r t h l i n g s

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I have absolutely no idea what to write about this week. In the revolving door of crap that is my life, there has literally been nothing noteworthy. I've had an entire week to live my life and I've done nothing. 

Well, that isn't entirely true. I bought some really cute bras today. So let's talk about bras. Let's talk about how freakin' cute bras are. 

Don't want to talk about bras? Well that's a crying shame, because I'm a chick, and I wear bras. And bras are hella cute. (And really, incredibly useful.)

Let's talk about guys' reactions to talk of bras. I've been needing some new bras for kind of a while, so I was waiting for my mum to pick me up today so we could go out and get some. When I mentioned I was going shopping, all of my guy friends were like 'Oh, what are you going to buy?' So of course, I told the truth. I was going to buy bras. 

The reaction was similar to if I'd told them I was planning on going on an adventure to murder innocent people, or pillaging the neighboring town, or describing a gross medical thing in detail. "Woah Bri, that's too much information like woah oh my god you can't just come out with that"

Like dude, come on it's a bra. What's so taboo about a piece of clothing that literally just holds fat in place so you don't jiggle around like some god damn piece of jello good Christ. They acted like I'd spilled some nuclear launch codes or some shit. Like, it's a bra. 

It wasn't even like I was telling them the intricate details of my boobs. I didn't. I just mentioned the fact that I was going to acquire an imperative item of clothing. Like, I need those things to survive the day. Would they rather I went braless? I highly doubt they would. 

This swiftly brings me on to the item of bra straps. You know, those things that look like vest top straps that hold the booby-holders up. These are A+ important to basic bra etiquette, (unless you have a bra that is designed to be strapless.)

I've got an off-the-shoulder top that I sometimes wear to school, and as it's off the shoulder, there's no way to hide my bra strap. Some of the reactions I got were pretty ridiculous. One guy reacted by pinging my bra strap, another pointed out "I can see your bra strap" (To which the only reply is "So can I.") Like, it's a bra strap, dude. It's literally elasticated fabric. Get over it. 

Okay, so this was a pretty odd post, but it's just something that's been on my mind for a while. (Does this count as a Let's Get Mad About?)


But anyway, have a good week kids, don't do anything I wouldn't, and as always;

I'm with you 'till the end of the line, folks ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment