Tuesday 20 January 2015

My Top 3 Animes! - Tuesdays with Ash

Hey guys! =D


Once again it's Tuesday so you're stuck with my post for today! As usual, I've been struggling to think of an idea for a post when it occurred to me. As well as reading books, what's my other favourite thing to do? It's WATCHING ANIME! =D

If you guys have no idea what anime is, it's basically Japanese cartoons. Most animes are based of manga which is the Japanese equivalent of comic books. Between the two I prefer watching anime than reading manga but I know that other people would disgree with me. I got into anime probably almost 4 years ago when two of my close friends persuaded me to start watching this anime called Naruto. I wish I'd discovered it sooner! =P

Like the post title suggests today I'm going to list my 3 favourite animes that I HIGHLY recommend that you watch. I would list more but, honestly, this post would never end!

1. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden - Kishimoto Masashi


This was the first anime that I ever watched and I was hooked after watching the very first episode! The anime is based of a boy called Naruto Uzumaki who is instantly likeable due to his hyper-activity and his caring yet stubborn personality. He lives in a village called Konoha and he's training to become a ninja like his fellow classmates. He is an outcast in the beginning due to his past (which I shall not mention cause SPOILERS) but he eventually earns everyone's respect and makes friends. The first season is called Naruto (original name I know) and the second season is called Naruto Shippuden where it's been 3 years since we last saw Naruto in the first season and he's all grown up =3

The manga for Naruto Shippuden ended 10th November *cries* after the whole franchise had been going on for 15 years! One of the longest every running manga ever! The anime hasn't caught up to the ending yet but I read the last chapter online and oh my God I cried buckets! D'=

Naruto in the second season
Naruto newshot
Naruto in the first season (so cute!)
  








2. Attack on Titan 'Shingeki no Kyojin' - Hajime Isayama


This next anime is (I think) the second major anime that I watched and seriously it doesn't mess around! Within the first episode you were thrown into the action and storyline and the plot twists, OH MY GOD THE PLOT TWISTS are amazing because you never see them coming! The protagonist is a teenage boy called Eren Jaeger and in his world there are huge humanoid creatures called Titans that terrorise mankind by eating them. There city is surrounded by a huge wall that keeps the Titans out, until one day the Titans manage to break through. 

Eren signs up to help fight these Titans along with his two best friends and if you don't like gore then you probably won't enjoy this. The animation in this anime is absolutely stunning and the theme tune is so catchy! If you like to watch something with immense action and gore and brilliant story lines with original context then this anime is so for you!

Eren Jaeger
One of the main Titans



3. Kuroko no Basket - Tadatoshi Fujimaki


This next one is quite a strange one for me to watch as it's about a sport and I don't do sports! XD This anime revolves around a basketball team and the two main protagonists are Tetsuya Kuroko (he's meant to be the main character but you wouldn't think it) and Taiga Kagami. This anime is hilarious to watch as Kuroko is practically an invisible boy who doesn't show much emotion (but still adorable) while Kagami is a boisterous hot-head who likes to make his presence known. Even though they are worlds apart personality wise they are best buddies when it comes to basketball and I just love their bromance!  

Kuroko was originally from a famous basketball team called the Generation of Miracles and he was known as the 6th Phantom Player due to people never noticing him and even forgetting about him. However, the Generation of Miracles separated when they moved to different schools and now with the Winter Cup approaching Kuroko will have to face his old teamates once more...

Tetsuya Kuroko anime
Tetsuya Kuroko

Taiga Kagami
                           

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that you'll try out some of these animes!


Ash xx

No comments:

Post a Comment