Thursday 12 February 2015

Take a break! ~Maya

Heya guys,

It's Thursday which once again means that it's Maya here. I would firstly just like to say about how I think I've suddenly developed a galaxy addiction. I don't usually like galaxy chocolate yet somehow I've already finished my second big bar this week -it definitely isn't healthy for me but it just tastes soo good! Haha

So anyways, today I thought I would talk to you all about stress relieving and why it's important to sometimes just take some time to relax and rest. I've only just managed to shift off this horrible virus/illness thing that I had for about a week and it made me feel so crap for the majority of it. But with all the extra pressure of sixth form and everyday life it all got on top of me and I just had to take some time out and have some well earned and deserved rest. But from this, I thought it would be a nice idea to share with y'all some ways in which I like to unwind when your extremely stressed out. 

Firstly, baths. I have an obsession with lush products and their bath bombs just help me so incredibly much. I stick my favourite one of them into a deep steaming bath, light some candles, grab a book and enjoy my lush soak with a mug of green tea. 
This then leads me on to green tea. I carry these tea bags round with me everywhere (within reason), especially to school. When things get to much for me I just like to take a 20minute break in the corner with a hot mug of green tea. I just find it soothing and relaxing for the mind and body. I would highly recommend this, more so for those who can tolerate drinking this unusual flavoured beverage. 

Following from this, it may sound really odd, but tidying my room up/having a sort out. Ever heard the saying (I don't even know if it's an official saying to be honest but it is in my mind) "tidy room, tidy mind"?? Well for me I just feel so much better when I'm in a clean and tidy room. I like to reorganise things and have clear outs and "de-clutter" draws and sides within my room. It's also a positive thing In the fact that not only are de-stressing and having some time out, but your also being organised and tidy. I would recommend trying this, even if you feel if it would just help your brain feel a little more organised, I guarantee this will help you.

Yoga. Now I don't do yoga regularly at all, probably not even more than once or twice a month. But I absolutely love it and would love to join a yoga class if I could find one! I just find it so relaxing and soothing and it makes me feel so good after an hours session of it. If you google it though you will probably find some online classes that you can do, I have done a few but I'm awaiting a new mat to do it on before I continue as I would really like to get into this.

A final thing I'd probably say helps me wind down and relax is sitting in bed, watching Netflix and painting my nails. Now I don't know if you knew, but I LOVE to paint my nails, I usually do it twice a week and to date I own 74 bottles of nail polish! I love experimenting with new shades and colours and patterns, and I find the possibilities endless with doing so. I'm not a creative person but I would happily paint my nails every day if they didn't take so long to dry that is!

So, once again I'm going to stress the importance of relaxation! You should really take a couple hours out of your life, at least, to just have a bit of a wind down and you will feel so much better for doing so. Please leave suggestions in the comments on how you most prefer to relax, I'm open to any recommendations to try as I need to learn to start relaxing for now. 

That's all for now and I'll see you next week, 

Love, Maya♡

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Relaxation; A feeling of refreshing tranquility and an absence of tension or worry" 

No comments:

Post a Comment