Tuesday 10 February 2015

Book Series' Reviews! (#2) - Tuesdays with Ash

Hey guys! =D


First of all, happy Tuesday! I hope your week started off alright and that the rest of the week is awesome for you! Second of all, welcome to my second instalment of Book Series' Reviews! Once again I shall do three book series so here we go!


1. Gallagher Girls - Ally Carter


I first saw this series on Amazon when I was browsing it one day and it caught my interest, so I bought the first book and ended up buying the rest of the series within the next couple of weeks.

There are 6 books in this series:

1. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
2. Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy
3. Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover
4. Only the Good Spy Young
5. Out of Sight, Out of Time
6. United We Spy

The story revolves around a young teenage girl named Cammie and she goes to the Gallagher Academy which is a secret girl's school for spies. I loved this book and I think the main reason I was interested by it was that it reminded me of H.I.V.E (look back at my previous Book Series' Reviews to read up on that series). It's absolutely brilliant because as well as dealing with all martial arts classes and special gadget classes Cammie still has to deal with teenage girl drama, including a crush on a boy who has no idea she's a spy...

The blurb of the first book is as follows:

"Do you ever feel like you're invisible? I know I do - just call me Cammie the Chameleon. But at my            school, that's seems as cool. Why? Because the Gallagher Academy might say it's for geniuses, but it's really a school for spies."

Cammie Morgan might be capable of killing a man in seven different ways, but she's about to begin her most dangerous mission yet; falling in love.

(By the way there is actually a blocked out word in the blurb it's not just me XD)



2. Special Agents - Sam Hutton


I seem to have a thing for spy books XD Anyway, I got this book series a long time ago but I still love it even now! This again revolves around a teenage girl called Maddie who trains to become a spy and teams up with two slighter older boys; Alex and Danny. I have to say that I've always had a small crush on Danny as I just find him hilarious and... yeah he's just awesome =3

There's 6 books in this series as follows:

1. Deep End
2. Countdown
3. Final Shot
4. Kiss and Kill
5. Full Throttle
6. Meltdown

Here's the blurb of the first book:

Your life can change in a second. Maddie Copper's did. She and her parents were gunned down in the street by an unknow assailant. Maddie's mother was killed and her Scotland Yard Inspector father was left in a wheelchair. Maddie was injured in the fall, her career as a dancer finished almost before it had begun. Searching for a new role in life, Maddie signs up as a trainee in her father's notorious flying squad: Police Investigation Command. PIC had a roving brief to combat crime in London and Maddie, quick-witted, intelligent and intuitive, is well-equipped to cope with the demands of her new job. She teams up with Alex Cox, an ace undercover man who can slip in and out of accents as easily as he does disguises, and Danny Bell, an electronics whizzkid with a razor-sharp mind. These three talented teenagers have the ability, courage and technical know-how to fight crime, wherever it rears its ugly head on the streets of London.


3. Artemis Fowl - Eoin Colfer


This series is completely original and this is one of the reasons why I fell in love with it. One of my friends introduced me to it (the same person who introduced me to Eragon) and it's just amazing. The characters are instantly likeable, even though the main character Artemis is a bit of the douche in the beginning but I swear that he gets better! And yes, Artemis is a girl's name but there you go =P You first meet him when he's about 12 and by the end I believe he is about 18 so it's quite a journey as you can tell. I've grown a fond attachment to Artemis as you literally watch him grow up before your eyes and you watch him overcome obstacles in life as well as meet new friends, such as Holly Short who I also love as she's such a badass! By the way, she's also a fairy but I won't give too much away so you'll have to read it for yourself. Also, I believe that the author's name is pronounced 'Owen' if I'm not mistaken. 

There are 8 books in this series as follows:

1. Artemis Fowl
2. Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
3. Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
4. Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception
5. Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony
6. Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox
7: Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex
8. Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian

Here's the blurb of the first book:

Artemis Fowl is a 12 year old genius born into the Fowl dynasty, that is, he is heir apparent and an already accomplished master of criminal activities that have founded the Fowl empire; he also has every intention of continuing in his father's footsteps. With his manservant, bodyguard and all round unstoppable man mountain, Butler, Artemis proceeds in his plan to replenish the family coffers with gold... lots of it. But this is no ordinary gold he has his sights on, this is Fairy gold, but then Artemis is no ordinary 12 year old.


So there you have it! Three more book series to have a look at if they have caught your interest! If you do decide to read them then I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

See you next week!
Ash xx

No comments:

Post a Comment