Friday 6 February 2015

Lollies brain - I'm so unorganised

Oi Welcome back to Lollie's brain!

As you can tell by the title, I am extremely un-organised. My life is mush of A Levels, coursework and trying to tidy my room, looking after my siblings and writing this blog. Sometimes I'm not too sure how I cope. I find writing lists helps - ticking things off always makes me feel good because I've accomplished something and it feels like I've got control over the mountain of work that I have.

Now let's talk about a TV show...

Nowhere Boys is a series I've been watching since November and about four boys who cast a spell and end up in another world and then come back and they all have elemental powers and have been followed by a restoring demon back to the real world. The whole of series 1 was them in the other universe and it ended with them coming home, now series 2, which I've just started watching is them back in the real world. I think Felix is my favourite... I might have a thing for Goth guys with snake bites, a book of shadows and an elemental power that involves Fire... Anywaayyy.
On the subject of a book of shadows, I study Wicca and a book of shadows is not what it is portrayed as on TV shows and in films, if you want to know about magick and spell casting, I would suggest you research about Wicca. Magick may not be able to do what it can do in films but it can still help in everyday life. I'd suggest researching into it if any of you are curious...

DAUGHTERS OF DAVIS!!!
I know both Belle and Maya have written about the concert on Monday this week, however, I thought it would be nice for my input on Sam Bailey and her amazing support act Daughters Of Davis. Let's start with Sam - Her voice gives you goose bumps it's that good and powerful and if it could, it would probably literally blow you away.
Then to Daughters of Davis - Fern and Adrienne Davis sold everything they had and brought a motor home from eBay and toured around the UK together. Their music is sort of soul and country and folk all into one and it's very good at putting you in a good mood. Their songs are extremely relatable and also, they mean every word they sing. On top of that, they are just really nice people. We met them during the interval and after show and both of them are happy and bubbly people. I now have both albums on my phone and a physical copy of 'To The Water' signed by them and also their 'Where do we go' DVD signed by them too!
And now... I'm going to try an clear some things up about Love.

Don't you dare say you love someone if you don't mean it. Don't do it. It leads them on, gives them false feelings, makes them think you care. If you love someone you don't cheat on them, fall in love with someone else, leave them, hit them. 
The word 'love' is used so frequently now days no one knows the true meaning of it anymore. What is love? Can you answer it? I can't because I really don't know. 

The google definition: 

1- a strong feeling of affection.

2-feel deep affection or sexual love for (someone) to be in love with, be infatuated with, be smitten with, be besotted with, be passionate about; 
care very much for, feel deep affection for, hold very dear, adore think the world of,be devoted to, dote on, cherish, worship, idolise and to treasure. 

This quote from Stardust, is definitely how I would describe love:

So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... Is this love? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.  

This is what I think the true definition of love is everyone seems to have forgotten that. Throwing the word love all over the place isn't a good thing. It really hurts if you say it and don't mean it. If you're going to say it, you're going to have to mean it. If you feel like your being obligated to say it- don't. You can lead a person on if you really don't feel that way.

¡SITUATION ALERT! 

1: Someone you've not spoken too much has recently told you they love you. 
What should you do? 
Look back up this blog and see if any of the things about love match up with what you feel, if they do, go for it and tell them, if you don't - don't. Politely tell them.

2: you're in a relationship and you're not to sure you 'love' the person anymore, when they say 'I love you' don't say it back. Try and tell the person you are sorry and you need to find another person.

Does true love exist? 

Who knows, it may, it might not. As for me personally I don't think that as a teenager, you can find true love. In some cases you can and people who dated in high school go onto get married, however in this day and age where it is easier for couples to cheat on one another and go behind each other's backs, it isn't as common as it used to be. 

"Love and lust? There's no difference, they are both the same thing!"

Wrong.

Love and lust are things that these days, get confused with. A friend of mine and I actually had this conversation back in the summer and said we think it's important for people to know the difference between these two thing.
The definition of Love is above.

The definition of Lust is:

1:
strong sexual desire.

2:have strong sexual desire for someone.

There is a clear difference. Lust is having a strong sexual desire for someone. 

You can have Lust without Love, you can have Love without Lust.
Lust does play some part in Love, however, I don't think there is Love is in Lust.

If you 'Love' someone and you think I want to have sex with them and things but I don't want to be with them, then that is not Love. That is straight up Lust.

Okay so, that's this post wrapped up. Just some things going through my mind this week and things I've been loving. I hope you all had a great week! I'll see you next Friday.

Until next time, Allons-y!

Lollie x

No comments:

Post a Comment