Wednesday 31 December 2014

Why do I always get the 'Eves'? - Wednesday's Child

GREETINGS Y'ALL!


When I last left you, we were just about to embark on the magical journey of Christmas, (reindeer and all). It's been a week since then, which means a week of this. (My sarcasm has reached new levels, the other six will be please to know.)

Yes, I've been enjoying my big main present of House MD (so much so that I've finished a season in a week) as well as some of the other goodies I got, including the book my favorite movie (The Help, not Captain America) was based on, the book of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, two Hugh Laurie CD's some lipgloss that Peggy Carter would be proud of, the strongest perfume I've ever smelt, and two pairs of converse. 

In case you didn't guess, I had a kick ass Christmas. 

But yeah, my week has basically been a Hugh Laurie fest. From watching him play a grumpy, drug addicted Doctor to listening to him singing 1890's style blues on my two new CD's (as my snapchat read - The Hugh Laurie trifecta is complete.) His CD's also inspired me to dig out my Mum's Stevie Wonder CD, so I'm pretty much all jazzed up from now until the day I die. There is never going to be a shortage of jazz and blues on my laptop now. 

I also started House of Cards, which runs along the same lines as The West Wing - people people are dicks to each other while politics goes on in the background. House of Cards differs from The West Wing in one fundamental way; in House of Cards the main character is a twisted psychopath. I would recommend it wholeheartedly, but only if you're 16 or older (it carries an 18 rating in the UK, so for some 16-year-olds even that is pushing it). The rating is for a very good reason - cue sex, drugs,alcohol, murder and prostitutes in a steady stream. 

That being said, I'm going to avoid talking about House of Cards for now - maybe by next week I can give a spoiler-free review of season one. 

For now, I think I should probably sign off as I'm not feeling great (oh what a poetic way to end this year), so , keep safe tonight on New Years Eve, have a beer for me, and enjoy yourselves. 

Happy New Year, and as always, 

I'm with you 'till the end of the line, folks ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment