Sunday 21 December 2014

The most amazing brownies ever!!

Hey guys,

So as promised here is my recipe I use when I make my amazing brownies that all of my friends adore!

So the ingredients you'll need are;
165g (5 1/2 oz) of butter- plus Extra for greasing,
200g (7oz) of dark chocolate, grated or chopped,
3 whole eggs,
2 egg yolks,
Seeds of a vanilla pod or 2 tsp of vanilla extract,
165g (5 1/2 oz) of soft light brown sugar, 
A pinch of salt,
2 tbsp of plain flour
1 tbsp of cocoa powder,
154g pack of Oreos- or any biscuits, nuts, honeycomb etc
Icing sugar for dusting 


So you'll need to start with preheating your oven at 180 degrees, and grease you tin- I would recommend using a 20cm/8in square tin and if you have tinfoil tins you could always bake your brownies in this if your taking them out.

Melt your butter in a bowl either in the microwave or over a medium heat, then add your chopped chocolate and melt this as well. 

In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, egg yolk and the vanilla, then add the sugar in two additions and whisk between each adding, when it's all added pour the chocolate/butter mix into the bowl and whisk again- try not to knock the air out of it.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and a third of the biscuits and stir until fully combined. 
Pour this into your tin and scatter the remaining biscuits, or nuts on top and then bake for 25-30 minutes.



I hope you'll enjoy these brownies, after you get it out of the oven you can cut it into however many you want but I recommend around 16.

Enjoy!!


Belle x

No comments:

Post a Comment