Tuesday 28 July 2015

A year of a lifetime!!! It's holiday season!!! By Summer

Holidays, aren't they the best?? You get to go and relax and enjoy yourself for the best part of two weeks on average, right? 

Generally you go abroad, especially when you live in a country like mine- England. Me, I love holidays and trips abroad. Not so long ago I had the pleasure of going to Ecuador for 4 weeks to do volunteering work for the less fortunate people there. This year I have gone to Turkey for 2 weeks and I am also travelling to Cyprus for 3 weeks not long after I get home from my first holiday in Turkey.

I am writing this post on my last night in Turkey, I'm not sure about anyone else but I personally hate last nights on holiday, they simply [in my opinion] are the worst. You sit around knowing that the worst is ahead of you in the morning when you have to get on a plane and go home. The trip, no matter how long it is, is the most treturous thing ever! Somehow, even though you travel the same time to get to your destination abroad, it always seems longer when you have to go home.

Cyprus will be the second time that I go away without my family across the world, the first being Ecuador. Going away without your parents for the first time is scary, no matter how old you are the first time that you do it, the second, is nerving, but not as bad as the first as you know you have done it once and can now do anything! 😉

Don't you find that another shameful and scary thing about going abroad is the not knowing whether they will be able to understand you or not??

Being 17 years old, its hard to get anywhere when you are stuck in a tiny village half of the time and there are literally no ways of getting out at a reasonable time of day. So when the opportunity came up for me to pay to go to Cyprus for 3 weeks with my closest friend, Lollie, I did.

To be honest, it was one of my best choices this year, my friends dad owns a company over there for villas and now currently owns a bar aswell, so this holiday is going to be fun and most probably far from relaxing, unlike this holiday that I am finishing now. I have a feeling there will be a lot of shopping and exploring involved within this holiday, something I am not afraid of one bit!!

Goodbye for now, love from Summer xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment