Monday 22 June 2015

Why Orange is the new black is amazing

Hey guys, 

Wow it feels like it's been ages since I last posted and I've decided that I'm going to do a short post this week because I'm going to be working on a longer post. So I've recently got addicted to orange is the new black since I now have Netflix. I'm only on episode 11 of series 1,  Now I know this show has recently become very popular with its third series being released, but i think that this show has some real hidden meanings that I think need to be addressed.
So this show doesn't only cover and support gays and mainly lesbians seeing as many of the gays you see and hear about are men but they also make being gay seem completly normal which I think is amazing because it should be in our modern society.
 The show also shows how crimes and bad choses can end up landing you in prison. I think that this shows people how choices can be bad and also it makes the prisoners seem human and makes you more open to the idea of redemption and second chances. 
However I don't like the idea that all the guards at the prison are taking their job as a joke and don't treat the criminals fairly. On the show there is also mention to abuse both physical and drug abuse which gives people the opportunity to see what withdrawal is like and what drug use is like. 
There are also references to religion and I like how they have both ends of the scale- a completely sane Nun and a extremists. Not only all of this but they also show a transgender woman and how this's are being transgender can be, and how race still plays a huge part in our society. The show also shows relationships beside romantic ones and how friendships can be broken and made.  
Another thing this show does is look into the lives of not only the prisoners but their families and how being in prison can help or break you. And lastly all of these woman are stunning. 
 

This is all for this week 

Love Belle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment