Friday 12 June 2015

Summers makeup review

Hi it's Summer here,

So this week I was stuck on ideas of what to do, so I thought about what I had bought in the past week or two. So here it is, I'm going to write a review post.


First things first: Bare Minerals!!

One of my recent purchases was Bare Minerals newest product: Complexion Rescue.
Complexion rescue is what the title says it is, it is to help the skin to become healthier, smoother and more hydrated. It is a tinted hydrating cream, so it has the perk of helping your skin and giving coverage like a foundation would. The benefit with this tinted hydrator is that it is only a light coverage, so it isn't thick and clumpy on the skin. It feels smooth and silky on the skin. Another benefit of this product is that it also helps powder to stay on without the trouble of other applicants.

The idea of this product is that it does two things at the same time. The woman who was serving me in the shop said I would notice a difference in my skin within 2-3 days. Now usually when someone says this to me I shrug it off and think to myself "Yeah right!" However, these lady was completely right!! I noticed a significant difference in my skin straight after a couple of days using the complexion rescue everyday. I use mine as a foundation as I have dry skin and Bare Minerals has only natural ingredients. in it Which is why it makes it so expensive! The shade that I have is called 'Vanilla'. This is because I have impeccably fair, pale skin, 'Vanilla' is the second lightest shade in the collection. These are the shades they have (lightest to darkest):
  • Opal
  • Vanilla
  • Buttercream
  • Suede
  • Natural
  • Ginger
  • Tan
  • Spice
  • Chestnut
  • Sienna
I would definitely recommend this product as it is suitable for maybe people and has a great feel on the skin during coverage and afterwards as well. Not only does it come in a variety of different shades, but it is also a multi-purpose product and is an amazing rescue remedy for dry skin!! The complexion rescue costs £26 for 35ml. I know this sounds like a lot and yes it does added up to 74p per ml but it is so worth it, as it lasts for longer than a normal foundation/ base layer. Plus who can go wrong with a product that does two things at once, is extremely easy to put on and feels so amazing to wear!!


My second product review goes to Rimmel London BB Cream Matte in the shade: Light.

This has got to be one of the products I use everyday. I use it as a concealer underneath my eyes to cover up my dark circles I seem to constantly have! No matter how much sleep I do or do not get, I still seem to have dark circles underneath my eyes. I've come to the conclusion that they aren't going away anytime soon! Therefor, I knew I had to purchase a concealer or a BB cream. I searched and searched for the best cream and finally made my decision to go with Rimmel's matte BB cream. It comes in three shades: Light, Medium and Medium/Dark. The light shade is suited for those with fair, pale, delicate skin. Medium is for those with deeper tones, such as olive skinned and tanned. Medium/ Dark is for those with deeper and darker skin colours.

If Rimmel were to improve this product I would say that the most effective way to do this would be to increase the amount of shades they have. Although they are suited for the majority, there are still different shades that would compliment a lot of other peoples skin more effectively.

Overall I have to say that I am very impressed with the level of quality Rimmel has provided with this product. It has helped me through the tiresome days that are frequently occurring and the up beat eventful days. I suppose what I am trying to say is that it is suitable for any occasion, whether it be school, work, a meal out or just a shopping trip. I would defiantly recommend it with full confidence and unlike the Bare Minerals product I just showed you, this product is only £6.99 for 30ml, which works out to a total of 23p per ml.



My third product review goes to Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Jet Black.

This product I don't use as much as the other two I have done a review on, but saying that I do use it often, whether it is for dramatic eye makeup or just for a small fine line of jet black eye makeup. I'm a girl that absolutely adores her makeup (if you hadn't figured that out yet) but eyeliner is one of my most favourite types of makeup by far!

I quite like to experiment with new, different eye makeup to everyone else. I like to be different and unique and don't tend to stick with the usual 'go to' trends the majority of the time.

Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eyeliner has to be one of the best eye makeup purchases I have ever made, it is easy to use for thick lines, thin lines and fine details also. I find that eyeliner and bold eye makeup makes you feel more confident about yourself and brings out a different personality that you never thought you had (at least it does for me anyway). Sometimes I add eye shadow to complete the look, but the majority of the time I tend to go for a more natural eye underneath the eyeliner.

Overall I think that this product is a must for every girl/ woman's makeup draw. It is handy to use for any sort of event, such as an evening out, shopping or everyday wear. It adds definition to the eyes and does a great advantage to blue and green eyes as it helps to pop their colour more. Scandaleyes costs £5.49 for a small thin tube and you can get it in two different tips, a pointer and a slanted tip.

All together I would definatly recommend these products as they are perfect things for an girls makeup shelf! They aren't too expensive for what you get and are extremely reliable!

Thats all from me for this week, keep up the views! I love you guys!

Love
Summer
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment