Friday 6 March 2015

Lollie's brain - March, Twitter and All That Glitters

Hello Internet people - it's March... WHAT

How is it possibly 3 months into this year already? How is that even possible? I want my 3 months back thanks...

You know what, to start this off - don't drink alcohol. Okay just in general... Random thought but just don't and to quote Elizabeth Swan (about rum...) 'It's a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels'

To start with - it was World Book Day yesterday. I read Geek drama and All The Glitters from the Geek Girl series by Holly Smale.
I have been waiting for All That Glitters for a long time now. I'd say at least 9 months... I think. Anyway, my point is - it was totally worth the wait. So whilst reading the book, my thought track went kind of something like this:

- okay, lets do this
- yes Harriet's in there with a bit of self-diagnosing again
- 10,000 chocolate bars!!!! that's a lot of chocolate... Maya's probably eaten that many galaxy bars this week... she's addicted!
- OMG I can't wait to see Toby and Nat and find out about Nick
- Oh Harriet...
- Oh no...
- I feel you girl... books are an escape
-TOBYISBUILDINGATIMEMACHINE
- Not just any time machine - a TARDIS
- Where can I get a Toby and when can he build me one
- I can so relate to this
- No
- Nonononononononononono
-NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
- Cheeky mention of Taylor Swift, Smale - I see you
- oh Harriet...
- who is this boy and why do I like him even though he's arrogant and hates Harriet - oh my god he has beautiful eyes
- what
- urgh
- I actually love this book beyond comprehension
- everythings going great
- Nat! No
- oh no...
- Urgh Jasper... but omg Jasper but urgh...
- yay party
- Oh...
- Nothing goes right
- Tobes please go back to stalking Harriet, I liked that...
- Awwwwwwwwwwwwww
- oh...
- it's over,,,, well I guess I better read it again.

Yup, that's how my brain works when reading a book and as you can tell, I am quite emotionally attached to Toby and Harriet because I feel as though I can relate to them both. Next Friday, we have to wear something Red to sixth form for Red Nose Day so I'm wearing my Geek Girl: All That Glitters glasses! I am very excited.

Oh, another thing... I had a hair cut. Its now just below my shoulders and I love it. I have a track record for absolutely despising my hair whenever it gets cut but this time - It's wonderful, glorious in fact. I look so much more like Clara and I am extremely happy about that.

I am also in the process of getting very excited for Comic Con, despite the fact it being two months away. I feel like I've come up with this genius idea of 'Budget Cosplay', where you attempt to find alternative clothing from cheap high street stores or from charity and thrift shop, thus meaning it is less expensive for you. This way, I want to be able to prove that you don't need to spend heaps and heaps of money to be  successful cosplayer. Also, I don't think I'd ever enter any competitions, I think it would just be for the pure enjoyment of Conventions and being that character.
So far I have attempted the 11th Doctor, Clara and Osgood at home - I am possibly being the 11th Doctor and Clara for Comic con in May!

I should probably be excited also, about my trip to Cyprus in Easter. I'm flying on my own for the very first time which could be fun - we'll see. I fly the day after I post my March favourites and I will be working over there and seeing my dad (earning money to buy my Missy - Doctor Who - cosplay for October Comic Con) which will be a lot of fun!

At the moment, I am attempting to widen my vocabulary. Although it may not seem evident from this post, all the other Sweethearts have noticed it at school. Bri commented on my use of the word Hedonistic today. I think I'm going to do word of the week.

Word of the week: Egotistical - adjective: excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centered. Other synonyms: selfish, egocentric, narcissistic, conceited and vain.

Another thing - my room is covered in post-it notes for Travel and Tourism revision and I got my first ever C+ in a Psychology essay!

I think I shall end this post on that note. I'm sorry it hasn't been incredibly informative as to anything but my life at the moment but hey ho, it's my post :)

I shall see you all next week will something that will hopefully be more planned and engaging than this!

Until Next Time - Allons-y!
Lollie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment